Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Swedish Artists - Valentina tributes to Promote Fantagraphics Crepaxcollection

Dear friends and artists,
I've decided to create a Facebook Professional account to promote your awesome Tributes to Valentina to promote Fantagraphics Crepax collection.
https://www.facebook.com/manuel.faria.754918
 Don't judge me wrong, I love you all a lot and I sincerely apreciate all your support with some of my ideas, but I need to split in my mind what's Professional and what's personal in order to gain more focus in the work that I do, be it curating exhibitions, book collections, interviews, presentation videos, prefaces to books or book presentations.
I'll organize the tributes by artist in alphabetical order and put each artist in bold to be easier for you to see your tributes and where they were exhibited along your quotes about the character Valentina and your Biography aswell.
 Many thanks to all of you for all your work and hope that you continue to support some of my ideas.
 Special thanks to Gary Groth, Caterina Crepax and my muse and source of inspiration, my kitty Ilvie that was stolen from my sight recently.

Emil Gunnar Maxén - "The erotic side of Valentina is very old school so I wanted Valentina to have a digital camera to balance that. And I also wanted to make an image of her where she is not striking an erotic pose, but rather be a photographer trying out her new camera. I know how obsessed photographers are with their gears and gadgets!"
Biography 
I'm a freelance illustrator, comic- and storyboard artist. I was born in 1989. I have studied graphics for the games- and entertainment industry and I work with all kinds of commissions. My debuting graphic novel 'Stor-Jobal från Krokjala' will be published next fall.

Exhibited at Finland - Helsinki comic book festival in 2016 


Kolbeinn Karlsson​ - "To me Valentina is about discovery and introspection. Discovering what the body and mind enjoys, and taking it as far as it can go. And crepax seems to enjoy this immensely. And for that, as a reader i am grateful indeed.'
Biography 
Kolbeinn Karlsson was born in 1982 and lives in Uppsala, Sweden. From 2006 to 2007 he was a student at Kvarnby School of Comic Arts in Malmö. During this time he self-published several mini-comics, which earned him a reputation as one of Sweden's most original cartoonists. His work has been published internationally in several magazines and anthologies, including Galago (Sweden), C'est Bon (Sweden), Glömp (Finland), Strapazin (Switzerland) and Kush (Latvia). He recently adapted The Troll King into an animated short film. The Troll King is his first book.

Exhibited at Finland - Helsinki comic book festival in 2016 


Nicolas Krizan - "Irresistible Valentina; surreal dream, visual icon – and Hasselblad user!"
Biography 
Nicolas Krizan (born 1963) is a swedish art director, illustrator and
sometimes comic creator. Started contributing to fanzines in the late
seventies and has been with both commercial and alternative projects
ever since. Will hopefully continue doing so!

Exhibited at Finland - Helsinki comic book festival in 2016 



Peter Bergting​ - "Drawing Valentina is something I've wanted to do for a long, long time. I decided to go for something mysterious and gritty while still keeping that Louise Brooks black and white vibe to it."
Biography
Born in 1970, Peter is a Swedish comic book artist and illustrator. His illustrations and art can be found all over the world. He has provided art and covers for authors such as J.R.R Tolkien, J.K. Rowling, Jens Lapidus, and Astrid Lindgren to name but a few. In total, he has been featured in over 500 books and other publications, providing covers, text, and interior art in a variety of styles. In addition, he has illustrated 150+ covers. Currently, Peter is the interior artist on the comic book series Baltimore with Mignola and Golden.

Exhibited at Finland - Helsinki comic book festival in 2016 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Loving Ksenia, Janina and Alexandra