Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Dutch Artist - Valentina tributes to Promote Fantagraphics Crepaxcollection

Dear friends and artists,
I've decided to create a Facebook Professional account to promote your awesome Tributes to Valentina to promote Fantagraphics Crepax collection.
https://www.facebook.com/manuel.faria.754918
 Don't judge me wrong, I love you all a lot and I sincerely apreciate all your support with some of my ideas, but I need to split in my mind what's Professional and what's personal in order to gain more focus in the work that I do, be it curating exhibitions, book collections, interviews, presentation videos, prefaces to books or book presentations.
I'll organize the tributes by artist in alphabetical order and put each artist in bold to be easier for you to see your tributes and where they were exhibited along your quotes about the character Valentina and your Biography aswell.
 Many thanks to all of you for all your work and hope that you continue to support some of my ideas.
 Special thanks to Gary Groth, Caterina Crepax and my muse and source of inspiration, my kitty Ilvie that was stolen from my sight recently.

Frans Mensink - "From a very young age I’ve been interested in the female form. It wasn’t hormonal because my interest was already there far before puberty hit me, so it must be the elegance, subtlety and shapes rather than mere sexual interest. 
Valentina by Guido Crepax was one of the iconic female characters in my youth and I could not be anything else than a fan. When I saw the tribute project come by on Facebook I immediately inquired if I could participate and while I was waiting for the response I was already painting my version of Valentina. If I would’ve been too late to participate it wouldn’t have been a problem. Now I have painted Valentina as I saw her. It’s all good.
Valentina is an erotic icon, like Druuna by Serpieri, the Milo Manara girls or even Barbarella or Wicked Wanda. Just a pleasure to see and (sometimes) paint.”
Biography
I have been a freelance professional illustrator and erotic fantasy artist for more than 25 years. I paint my images for private people, publishers and companies (ad agencies and other) all over the world and my digital machinery (Apple, Wacom and Photoshop) enables me to do that from the Netherlands, which is where I live with my wife and kids. I used to work on storyboards and such for advertising a lot but my main interest has always been and will always be erotic fantasy, as separate topics or combined. You will find a lot of that on my various websites and social media. 
http://www.fransmensink.nl (18+)
http://www.fransmensink.com (commercial)
https://www.facebook.com/FransMensinkArtist
https://plus.google.com/+FransMensink
http://fransmensinkartist.deviantart.com
To name just a few.

Not yet exhibited 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A direct love speech from Ksenia into our shared heart

  - My Man , love of mine... - Being we fine... - There's our heart kind.. - Feelings inside.. - Not our mind... - There's our ride....