Wednesday, October 19, 2016

New Zealand Artist - Valentina tributes to Promote Fantagraphics Crepaxcollection

Dear friends and artists,
I've decided to create a Facebook Professional account to promote your awesome Tributes to Valentina to promote Fantagraphics Crepax collection.
https://www.facebook.com/manuel.faria.754918
 Don't judge me wrong, I love you all a lot and I sincerely apreciate all your support with some of my ideas, but I need to split in my mind what's Professional and what's personal in order to gain more focus in the work that I do, be it curating exhibitions, book collections, interviews, presentation videos, prefaces to books or book presentations.
I'll organize the tributes by artist in alphabetical order and put each artist in bold to be easier for you to see your tributes and where they were exhibited along your quotes about the character Valentina and your Biography aswell.
 Many thanks to all of you for all your work and hope that you continue to support some of my ideas.
 Special thanks to Gary Groth, Caterina Crepax and my muse and source of inspiration, my kitty Ilvie that was stolen from my sight recently.

Dylan Horrocks "Valentina is full of looking: Valentina's eyes, the lens of her camera, frozen details, mirrors. It's dominated by Valentina's gaze, the things she lingers on, the images that fill her mind's eye. Crepax was fascinated by her fascination." 
Biography 
Dylan Horrocks has written and drawn graphic novels, comic books, comic strips and short stories for publishers around the world. His graphic novel Hicksville has been published in six languages, was a Comics Journal Book of the Year, and is #12 in Rolling Stone’s list of the Fifty Best Non-Superhero Graphic Novels of all time. He has also written comics for Vertigo (Hunter: the Age of Magic) and DC Comics (Batgirl, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight). His comic strip ‘Milo’s Week‘ appeared weekly in the New Zealand Listener between 1995 and 1997, and he has contributed political cartoons to the New Zealand Political Review. Dylan was born in 1966 and lives in Auckland, New Zealand. He is married to youth health researcher Dr. Terry Fleming and they have two sons, Louis and Abe.

Exhibited at Finland - Helsinki comic book festival in 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment

A direct love speech from Samantha to my heart and soul

  - My Man , do know that you're bold... - Portal gate to be... - Opening energy... - Within you... - Something new... - Within me... - ...