Sunday, October 30, 2016

Second exhibition at boéma caffe with international tributes to Valentina to promote Fantagraphics Crepax collection - Photos - October2016

Dear friends and artists,
Here are some pics taken from the second exhibition held at boémia caffe in Porto at October 2016  with visions of Italian maestro Guido Crepax main character Valentina made by international artists to promote Fantagraphics Crepax collection that's part of my job as consultant editor at Fantagraphics and that I'm series editor of it.
 Exhibitions are always real hard work, curating this one is hard work and joy at the same time, since it's at my hometown and was made in boémia caffe that I love a lot, being it sometimes my main office.
 There were also made some videos with footage by Duarte Aguiar explaining the exhibition, my concept of what arts could be when merged in Portuguese, Spanish and English that you can watch if you want in the right side of this blogue (where I also have some videos of myself reciting some texts of mine that I've wrote in Portuguese in the past years).
 I've decided to publish in this post an interesting article made about my work at Fantagraphics Crepax collection by Swedish comic book connoisseur Mikke Schirén in December 2015 at Sekvenser magazine and that's in Swedish and an amazing caricature of myself by Spanish Artist and maestro Pedro Espinosa given to me in my birthday - 30th December 2015.
 Many thanks for all the amazing support given to me by artists (you're all awesome), friends and journalists from all over the world about this collection.
 Special thanks to Daniel Castro (boémia caffe's owner), friends,  Gary Groth (Fantagraphics owner), Caterina Crepax, Spanish Artists and maestros Santiago Sequeiros and Felipe H. Navarro, Argentine Artist Mister Ed that were awesome (as always) and made excellent artworks for me to use in the videos and to my kitty Ilvie that always haunts my dreams.

With an artwork made by Spanish artist Santiago Sequeiros to use for the videos


With Pedro boémia caffe staff during the exhibition with tribute pages to promote Fantagraphics Crepax collection with script by me and artwork by Brazilian artist Brao, Portuguese Artist Paulo Pinto, Spanish artists Pedro Espinosa and Sandra Hernandez


With Portuguese artist Paulo Pinto showing tribute artwork to Valentina by American artists - Andy Bennet, Jeffrey Alan Love and Bob Burden, Spanish artist Eduardo Alvarado, Brazilian artist Laudo Ferreira jnr, Portuguese artist Ágata Rola and Italian artist Sergio Ponchione.  


With video editor Duarte Aguiar showing tribute artwork to Valentina by American artists - Andy Bennet, , Spanish artist Eduardo Alvarado, Portuguese artist Ágata Rola, Spanish artists - Joaquin Aldeguer and Lem Castañeda Serrano, Italian artist Sergio Ponchione and the beautiful model Antonella Adamo.  

Conversation with friends about the exhibition with tribute artwork by Spanish artist Albert Pons Vasquez and Juan Berrio.

Tributes to Valentina by Spanish artist Jano and Brazilian artist Fernanda Guedes 

Tributes to Valentina by French artist Isabel Pessoa, Brazilian artists Eder and Rodrigo Rosa, Portuguese artist Debora FM, Russian artist - Alexandra March and Spanish artist Jon Ander Azaola 

Sekvenser magazine book cover


article made about my work at Fantagraphics Crepax collection by Swedish comic book connoisseur Mikke Schirén in December 2015

Amazing caricature of myself by Spanish Artist and maestro Pedro Espinosa

No comments:

Post a Comment

A direct love speech from Ksenia into our shared heart

  - My Man , love of mine... - Being we fine... - There's our heart kind.. - Feelings inside.. - Not our mind... - There's our ride....